2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information collected by Cube may include information you provide or volunteer when using this Website, to access some parts of this Website, we may ask you to provide information. For example, we may request information from you when you:
- register on the Website;
- request information from Cube; or
- submit information via the “Contact Us” form.
The kinds of Personal Information we collect will depend on the purpose(s) for which we are collecting it. For example, in each of the instances above, we may ask for:
- your name;
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- postal address;
- business name; and
- position and contact telephone number;
Cube only collects personal information in the sections of the website where:
- We consider applications and approaches by you (or your authorised recruitment agency representative) for employment opportunities. This may include your name, contact details, academic record and other personal information contained in the documentation supporting your employment application
- We respond to your online job application or requests.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees referred to in your online job application before providing their personal information to us.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your Personal Information without gaining your consent except where such disclosure is required by law. The personal information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- To assess your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience against our career opportunities
- To verify your information and conduct reference checks
- To conduct background checks if you are offered a position at Cube
- To communicate with you (or your authorised recruitment agency representative) regarding employment opportunities
- To create and submit reports as required by law or regulation
- To improve our recruitment process
- Legal defence as necessary
Cube only uses and discloses personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us, or for a related purpose, which would be reasonably expected without your permission. We may, for example, notify you (from time to time) of employment opportunities that are closely aligned to your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience as you have disclosed to us in an employment application. If you accept employment with Cube, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes. Cube restricts access to personal information collected on our website to only those Cube employees who need access to that information to perform and discharge their duties.
4. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Cube may share personal information with third parties. The types of third parties that we may disclose personal information to include service providers who assist us in providing and maintaining our website and those who provide recruitment services to us. Cube does not disclose, sell or market your personal information to third parties. Where we share your Personal Information with third-party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by Cube and to store the information securely.
5. CROSS BORDER DISCLOSURE
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Cube (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where Cube’s accounting or payment system is hosted on servers located overseas).
6. CUBE WILL NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY OUTSIDE ORGANISATION FOR USE IN MARKETING WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT
Your Personal Information (such as name, address and phone number) will not be given or sold to any outside organisation for its use in marketing or solicitation without your prior express consent.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cube will take reasonable steps to protect and secure your Personal Information to ensure your Personal Information is protected from misuse, loss, theft, and unauthorised modification, access or disclosure. Cube takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any Personal Information where:
- Cube no longer needs the Personal Information for any purpose for which the Personal Information may be used or disclosed by Cube; and
- Cube is not required by or under an Australian law, regulation or a court/tribunal order, to retain the Personal Information.
8. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cube will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information it collects, uses or discloses, is accurate, complete and up to date, and relevant to any proposed use or disclosure. We seek your assistance by asking you to contact us if your Personal Information changes or you believe the information held on file is incomplete.
9. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may request from us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons in writing as to our decision. To complain or contest our decision, please contact our Privacy Officer. If you wish to amend information that is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at Cube firstname.lastname@example.org
- your internet protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
You can disable cookies on your web browser, although this may interfere with your use and enjoyment of the Website.
11. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Cube will not make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect Cube’s or our internet service provider’s logs.
12. THIRD-PARTY SITES
13. CONTACT INFORMATION
This policy was issued on 15 March 2015
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information on the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.